Responsible for supervising all field construction work to assure that the contractor employees are qualified and perform work safely and in compliance with drawings, specifications,
and applicable regulations. Also assists with system design, material takeoffs and receiving.
1. Oversees all contractor’s construction work at the terminal to insure all work is done in accordance with project drawings and specifications and industry standards.
2. Maintains daily contact with Engineering and Maintenance Manager for keeping track of field construction work in progress. Includes tracking contact employees and approving time sheets when required.
3. Informs Engineering and Maintenance Manager of any problems which occur at construction site and acts to help solve the problems.
4. Informs the Project Engineering Manager of the progress of major projects under construction.
5. Verifies that construction employees are qualified for work to be performed at terminal. Expels unqualified contract personnel.
6. Makes suggestions and comments to the Engineering and Maintenance Manager of any safety issues. Includes evaluation of contractor Safety record. Recommends expulsion of contractors to General Manager for all contractors not performing in compliance with Terminal safety standards.
7. Issues Hot Work Permits, lock out-tag out, Tank Entry Permits to contractors. Posts all permits on terminal operations Board.
8. Enforces plant safety standards by writing and observing safe working procedures, for items such as excavation, welding, breaking and entering lines and tanks and other contractor safety areas.
9. Work with Project Engineering Manager to find ways to perform construction tasks more efficiently and cost effectively.
10. Responsible for weekend duty and/or overtime as required by Construction schedules.
11. Handles operations and maintenance equipment in order to remove or place heavy equipment.
12. Keeps abreast of unusual terminal activities which may affect routine operation of the terminal.
13. Assists Engineering Management with project designs including review of drawings and designs by third parties; material takeoffs; and other related project management functions.
14. Attend contractor design, bid, and award meetings with Engineering and Maintenance Manager.
15. Attend continuing education seminars.
1. High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
2. Minimum 48 months Construction Supervision/Inspection.
3. Knowledge of plant safety, construction, and technical specifications.
4. Proven leadership ability preferred.
5. Able to work overtime and weekends as required to meet project