Manages the ship's commercial trading utilization through efficient cargo stowage, quality control practice, and voyage planning consistent with port/terminal/regulatory restrictions.
• Responsible for a commercially efficient operation of the ships assigned. This includes, but is not limited to, voyage planning, cargo stowage, port rotation, bunker management and active voyage management
• Maintains customer contacts for voyage related activities
• Responsible for sending operational or logistical instructions to ships with due regard for all safety, regulatory and procedural requirements. Confirm with the ship’s Captain that any instructions or requests can be carried out safely within the laws, local rules, industry guidelines or regulations and company procedures pertaining to the activities involved.
• Supports the ship and voyage to be in compliance with all international, local and other applicable regulations, industry practices and company procedures and guidelines.
• Ensures that the ship and voyage is in compliance with all operational and commercial aspects of the voyage and cargo fixture.
• Accountable for the proper documentation for each voyage.
• Coordinates and supports handling of voyage related incidents.
• University Degree in Marine Transportation or similar marine business discipline issued by an accredited university. (Bachelor of Science Degree is the minimum requirement).
• Merchant Marine Deck Officer license (minimum Third Mate, any ocean, unlimited tonnage) issued by acceptable government authority after testing and certification, preferred.
• Sea-going experience as a Tanker Deck Officer, preferred.
• Established understanding of Maritime procedures, including knowledge of International Conventions related to carriage of chemicals in bulk.
• Fluent verbal and written English
• Computer literate (TBC)