Plan and execute logistics requirements necessary for the successful export and/or import of orders as accepted by STC, to the customer’s satisfaction. In addition strives to ensure that all moves are executed in the most cost-effective way. Ensures that all activities are consistently executed within STC’s existing Quality Management System (ISO9001: 2008).
• Execute and implement operational activities according to customer requests and management direction. To maximize the number of profitable moves handled and to keep costs to a minimum while maintaining a high quality level of service.
• Prepare or arrange documentation necessary for the proper handling of container moves throughout entire supply chain. Maintain operations files in accordance with STC policies and updating systems correctly and in timely manner.
• Consistent and timely communications of shipment progress/movement, cost details, equipment related matters and issues to customers, vendors, 3rd parties and STC’s worldwide network of offices.
• Work with ops analysts, accounting and Management to resolve, clarify and correct questioned or outstanding vendor and customer invoices.
• To participate as and when required in customer meetings. Liaise with the operational account managers, supervisors and sales on matters that affect commercial relationships.
- University/College degree preferred.
- Logistic/ transportation knowledge with a minimum of 1 year industry experience or corresponding operations experience in the tank container industry;
• Specific Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with MS Office
- Must be ethical, detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize and set goals
- Fluent in English and Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Affinity with working in an international environment