Completes initial order entry procedures for assigned customers based on contractual agreements and current quality assurance policies. Acts as liaison between all terminal departments and customers to promote effective communications. Maintains accurate and current inventories and files.
1. Directly responsible for processing orders for assigned customers based on current agreements and quality standards and communicates requests to Operations Department. Handles any after-hour issues that may arise and provides as a back-up Customer Service Representative.
2. Establishes and maintains a working relationship with assigned customers and their representatives while keeping Customer Service Manager informed of any problems or potential problems that may create any alterations to quality procedures and communicates requests such as audits, visits and meetings to appropriate Departments.
3. Responsible for completing and reporting month-end closing process per the established guidelines and determined timeframe. This includes maintaining accurate inventory numbers on customer tanks throughout the month and works in conjunction with the Inventory Supervisor to resolve discrepancies.
4. Organizes and maintains files of assigned customer orders, completed and pending, as well as correspondence and updates desk reference manual as needed.
5. Participates in any required regulatory, quality process, job enhancement, customer directed training or the preparing of special reports as required by the Customer Service Manager.
• High School diploma or G.E.D. required. College degree preferred.
• A college degree or other related education accomplishments may be used in lieu of experience requirements.
• Minimum 24 months experience in terminal, warehousing or petrochemical operations.
• Experience in customer service or accounting preferred.